Thursday, February 24, 2011

Repetitive Brain Injury

Greetings Bloggies.

My job here in the Yukon is almost no different from the job I left more then 2 years ago.  Because of the overall similarities in the tasks performed there is only a short learning curve to climb.  Most of that learning curve is learning the house rules and a fundamental geology points I have to discriminate.

The trouble is I got good at this three and half years ago, I got bored of it soon after. After I crossed into being board of it my interest and energy flagged.  Doing the tasks again and again puts a strain on the brain.  Like a bad keyboard mangles the wrist or a jackhammer pulps your hands, this work hammers the brain.   Little new challenge and a lifestyle I am tired of living leaves me standing in front of the rock thinking well I know whats in this I don't really feel like measuring it and typing all that crap down.

Today I wanted to fix a from, that sends the curser every which when I hit tab.  Tab should send you from cell to cell in an orderly left to right pattern, here its like that only some of the time and I do not use  a mouse in spreadsheet space if I have any say in the matter.

No comments: