Friday, July 31, 2009

Arrow Park

Greetings Bloggies.

I had a fun day. With so many of the people I was planning on looking on vacation today I too the time to get a way from the heat. I had my self a little adventure. I went out to Arrow park, where the Arrow Lakes is near its narrowest and when for a paddle, first up a creek then down a lake. I think I may have got too much sun. I had a good nap on a clay beach and saw a great blue Herron and some odd ducks. I ate good with cheese apples pickeled vegies. The water was calm and I was out and about for the better part of 6 hours.






Above, a series of clay banks and the troubles high water causes for the trees. There were many who had fallen off the bank. I even saw on which seemed healthy evan after having its root ball slide down the back and landed level part way down.

It occurs to me that a good kayak day is like a good day on a bike, you get to go out to new places go slowly an quitly enough that things don't go running off right a way. And with good pacing I can go most of the the day.

It was a good day. And yes I did go for a swim and yes that is my boxer shorts drying on my paddle.
They were wet not from any events happing to me out in the lake, but from some manuvering in a creek. I had gone up a creek past where I had seen motor boats turn back form, slipping between some trees and getting in to the creek proper, where it stopped looking like a flooded drainage. A few hundred meters upstream from there I found my self off of the main channel and getting in to shallow rocky waters. I has to get out and half float half carry the boat to a deeper side pool till I figured out how I was going to get out of there. I also got my shorts wet. I ended up carrying Wessel across the partly submerged gravel bar and getting back in to the boat in the main channel. It was calm enough that I could take my time.

After that I went down stream and pulled in to a little bay and had some cheese and pickeled vegies while keeping an eye on the Blue Herron.

A good day all in all.




 
 
Lunch and Where I ate it.


 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: